Monday, November 18, 2013

The Green Swastika

When I ran for the office of US President in 2012, I had adopted the green swastika as my personal symbol.

I chose the color green because that’s the color of life. I wished to declare myself as “life affirming.” Money is also known as “green stuff,” though in my case that can only be regarded as a coincidence of meanings. Anyone who would even think of running a campaign while refusing campaign contributions and refusing to trade favors for endorsements obviously doesn’t care anything about money. And that’s me.

As for the swastika part: I’m a Buddhist and the swastika is a well-known symbol of my faith. I am also aware of its use by the Nazis but I like to think that misuse was part of the reason the Nazis failed. Also, my green swastika won’t be rotated 45ยบ as was Hitler’s invention.

I’m aware that (probably most) Jews will take extreme offense at my choice of symbolism. That, however, is not my problem. I wish to take ownership of the swastika in much the same way as some Blacks take ownership of the word “nigger” and the editors of Bitch magazine took ownership of the word "bitch." During my first campaign for the US presidency in 2008, I paid $700 for an ad in Bitch in an attempt to solicit a female running mate. The ad, written in the style of a “Help Wanted” ad, started out with “Bitch wanted.”

As for what Jews may or may not have thought of my candidacy: I don't care. I didn't make any attempt to solicit Jewish votes. I didn't go to the Wailing Wall, put a yarmulke on my head, and pray. I didn't debase myself and the American people by belaboring the “special relationship” between the US and Israel. In fact, I spoke against that relationship, saying it has cost us too much for too long.

If I had been elected President, I would have voided US diplomatic recognition of Israel and, instead, granted diplomatic recognition to Palestine. In fact, as President, I would have tried to visit Palestine in an official capacity. Of course, some might ask, “What if Israel wouldn't have let you enter Palestine, since they regard that area as part of the Occupied Territories?”

My answer to that? “It will be extremely interesting, to say the least, if the Israelis were to attempt to keep a US President out of Palestine. I would have tried to enter Palestine anyway. How they might ever keep a US President out is something they should weigh very carefully.”

And, yes, I'd even taken into consideration that Israel may well have planted a mini nuke in WashingtonDC. Why they would do such a thing? Insurance. I'm sure Israel has planned for the possibility that its biggest ally might some day turn against it. As for me avoiding Washington for that reason, I have nothing to fear.

By the way, my personal adoption of the green swastika has nothing to do with the Independent Contractors’ Party, which I founded. I don’t set policy for that party – in fact, no one does or ever can. As I’d written earlier, any candidate from anywhere on the political spectrum may be regarded as an ICP candidate if he declares himself to be and if he offers a written contract listing at least some of his campaign promises.

The emergence of the ICP is a shout that a new era in politics is dawning in America – one in which the elites currently controlling political parties will become a thing of the past.

Steven Searle, just another member of the Virtual Samgha of the Lotus

“Activism in politics should be consider a vital part of engaged Buddhism" - Steve Searle.

No comments:

Post a Comment